Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Going to the beach


The challenge for this week over at Cooking with Cricut is themed - Let's go to the beach. Well, here in New Zealand, it is not really going to the beach weather but I still managed to do a wee card for this week's challenge.


Melin has done some more lovely digi stamps and cutting files relating to the Beach theme and you can access them here.







For my card this week, I layered a blue spotted background paper onto cardstock then added a layer of "sand" - card that I coloured with Antique Linen Distress ink, then stamped with the Dotty Dunes stamp in scattered straw DI.

I printed and cut the image of the Bear boy with a sand castle and layered it on top of the sand. The shells are small stamps that I stamped then cut from shrink plastic then shrunk the plastic - perfect size for this card.

The sun is a double layer of a flower stamp which was a freebie from the Craft Stamper Magazine some time ago. For the sentiment, I stamped the letters onto card then cut them out and attached to the background layer.

Really enjoying working with these digi files, especially now that I have worked out how to get a good print and cut image!

1 comment:

Lynden Blossom said...

Popping in to say Hello! Cute Card! Shrinky-Dink shells - Great idea! As is Polka-dot sky - ;-} Peeked around a bit - Nice craft room! Great TH project!
Lynden
http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788