Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Grin and Bear It

The challenge over at Cooking with Cricut today is titled Grin and Bear it - maker a project that includes a Bear! Melin has some great cutting files and digi stamps over at the PCW on-line shop for you to choose a bear image from too.

For my project, I used the Princess bear digi image. It was pre-coloured so I did a print and cut using my Black Cat Cougar and Make the Cut software.
I cut a base layer from a pink glossy cardstock and embossed it with the Swiss Dots folder. The heart die cut was given to me by a friend from the UK and I coloured the frame with white distress stain then used one of the new seasonal distress inks (Picked Raspberry) to colour it in a slightly distressed looking pink! The white heart was stamped with the sentiment (from Gina K) then overstamped with versamark ink with a dotty stamp (like the swiss dots folder) then brushed with pearl powder in a white shade.

The Princess bear was layered on top with foam dots and some sparkle added to her tiara, wand and ribbon on the dress with Kindiglitz. The entire layer was then attached to a white base card.

Look forward to seeing your take on this challenge for the week.

No comments: