Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 3 25 Days Showcase

 Here it is, Day 3 of the 25 Days Christmas and Year Round Crafting Showcase from My Paper Crafting. The theme for today is Pretty Poinsettias, Pinecones and Presents.

Melin has created this beautiful cutting file of a poinsettia that I have used to make Christmas decorations for my house.


I  created a shadow layer for the poinsettia using SCAL2. Then I cut the parts of the flower.

After cutting, I embossed all the parts of the flower using the swiss dots embossing folder.

In the centre of the flower, I added gold pearl dots.

The file is a freebie over at MPC today so head on over there to get it.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Very pretty...am loving this poinsettia cut! I only have a Cricut Expression, but think I read we can hand cut it too!!

Melinda Beltran said...

Oh my Janet, what can I say...Your Poinsettia is PERFECTION!!!! And THANK YOU SO MUCH for the tutorial on how to create a shadow layer. I did not know how to do that in scal!!! Thank you for everything my friend!
-Melin