Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Things with Wings

Today's challenge at My Paper Crafting is Things with wings.

To make this card, I used Lyrical Letters and the CCR to design the letters and their shadow layers. I cut the letters then added faux stitching.















For the inside of the card, I used the spinning platform die from Sizzix to make a pop-up mechanism on which to place my dragonfly that was cut using the Art Nouveau cartridge.

The dragonfly was layered onto scalloped ovals, then attached to the pop-up. Unfortunately you can't quite see the effect of the pop-up in the picture. The dragonfly twists back and down when the card closes. The word is cut using the Lyrical Letters and shadow layer in CCR.

Please head over to My Paper Crafting for this week's challenge and see what beautiful designs the rest of the DT has come up with to inspire you!.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Love the spring-y papers and colors you used, Janet. Would love to see this card in action -- that dragonfly is fabulous!

Sandy Palmer said...

Janet, love the faux stitching on the front of your card! It's all so very pretty! That dragonfly is so very impressing! Wonderful job on it all! :)

Larelyn said...

Gorgeous! I love the soft colors and pattern. Your pop up is fabulous. What a fun and encouraging card to receive.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Brenda said...

Oh my Janet, this card is just beautiful!! I love the papers you chose, the color combo and dragon fly is just amazing! This whole card is just amazing!!

Sheena said...

I love this color combo! The dragon fly is so pretty!

Hugs, Sheena
Dew Drops & Glue Dots

Rae Ann said...

This is a really neat card. I love those Art Nouveau images.
Rae Ann O.