Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter

Today's Wonderful Wednesday Craft with Cutters challenge theme is Easter.

I don't have any Easter themed cartridges for my Cricut, so I decided to design my card using other cartridges.


Using the Cricut Class Room, I set up my bottom layer then added other elements in layers to design the card.

The scalloped border across the card was done by  joining scalloped borders together (Plantin Schoolbook) and cutting them. I punched holes in the top layer to thread the ribbon through.

For the words, I used the frame from Accent Essentials and added the words using the letters from the Songbird cartridge. I really need to use this one more often as it welds together beautifully. I welded one set of the letters together and added it to the frame, then made another set to cut in a different colour to highlight the words.

To finish it all off, I punched the corners of the bottom layer using a dragonfly corner punch, then added it to the card base. I added sparkle to the words using Kindi Glitz.

Please join us this week for our Easter Challenge over at My Paper Crafting.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Lovely card, Janet! The colors are very pretty and I love the sparkle on your sentiment. Have a wonderful Easter!

Kaylee Snyder said...

Janet, this is beautiful. Love the way you wove the ribbon into a border.

Sheena said...

Pretty Easter card!

~Sheena

Brenda said...

Wow Janet, how cool that you made such an awesome Easter card from other carts! I love how clever you were at pulling this beautiful card together! I love the ribbon work, that looks so amazing on the shape you made, the punched fireflies look great in each corner and I love your Happy Easter in that shape, great color choices too! Hugs!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love how you did the scalloped banner with the ribbon. Watch our Martha. LOL Very pretty card.

Sandy Palmer said...

Janet, lovely card! Great addition with the laced up look on the side! :)