Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Irish

With St Patrick's Day coming up, it seems appropriate that this week's Wonderful Wednesday challenge at CWC is Irish Eyes are Smiling.


The Cricut Craft Room this week has the Spring Holiday Cards digi cartridge free this week so I chose to make my card using this.

I first downloaded a shamrock background paper that I printed onto light card for cutting the background layer and the shamrock for the top layer.

The words and shapes of the heart and shamrock were cut out of the white layer and I added green and red card behind them so they stand out a little better.

I cut an extra shamrock in the background paper to layer on the top.

To finish, I added a green ribbon across the bottom of the card.



Please join us over at Crafting with Cutters Wonderful Wednesday challenge this week. Take a look at the beautiful designs the other members of the design team have come up with too.

6 comments:

Sheena said...

So cute! I love that pattern paper :)

~Sheena
Dew Drops & Glue Dots

Brenda said...

This card is so cute Janet! I was going to use this cart but then at the last minute decided not to. I do love your card so I might just have to pull this one back out and make something!! lol

Sandy Palmer said...

Hi Janet, I just love the whole design of this card! Love the paper you chose as well! It fits perfectly! :)

Jen said...

Such a cute card, Janet! Great patterned paper, too!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a cute card and paper Janet. I totally forgot about this cartridge. Thanks for such a cute reminder.

Larelyn said...

I love the papers and the card cut is just fantastic.
Hugs,
Larelyn